I tried to find some less familiar love quotes for today’s Thirteen:
- I found my lover on his bed, and my heart was sweet to excess. ~ Love Songs of the New Kingdom (c. 1550-1080 B.C.)
- Love, who is the most beautiful among the immortal gods, the melter of limbs, overwhelms in their hearts the intelligence and wise counsel of all gods and all men. ~ Hesiod
- Couples are wholes and not wholes, what agrees disagrees, the concordant is discordant. From all things one and from one all things. ~ Heraclitus
- So I can’t live either without you or with you. ~ Ovid
- Love knows nothing of order. ~ Saint Jerome
- This night of no moon
There is no way to meet him.
I rise in longing–
My breast pounds, a leaping flame,
My heart is consumed in fire. ~ Ono no Komachi
- The eyes those silent tongues of love. ~ Miguel de Cervantes
- Love is a spirit all compact of fire, Not gross to sink, but light, and will aspire. ~ Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis, l. 149
- I am two fools, I know,
For loving , and for saying so
In whining poetry. ~ John Donne
- Old soldiers, sweethearts, are surest, and old lovers are soundest. ~ John Webster
- There is no disguise which can for long conceal love where it exists or simulate it where it does not. ~ François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- Yes, I’m in love, I feel it now
And Caelia has undone me;
And yet I swear I can’t tell how
The pleasing plague stole on me. ~ William Whitehead
- The light that lies
In woman’s eyes,
Has been my heart’s undoing. ~ Thomas Moore
Photo: Pam Roth
10 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen – Random Love Quotes”
Lovely! Great list!
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
Very nice. #4 is oh so true! Happy T13!
I don’t think I’ve actually heard or read of any of those before. But #5 is my favorite, I think, and definitely very true!
Number four…doesn’t that seem the case with a great many people in our lives?
*happy sigh* Those are awesome. I love them all. 🙂 Happy Thursday.
I hadn’t heard any of these before either. Great list. I liked #4.
I remember reading 13 years ago.
Love all of these quotes thanks..