One of my characters fell in love yesterday, so in honor of that very interesting meeting (which has derailed the plot I had intended for him and proves No. 13 below), today’s Thirteen: Quotes on kisses.
- You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss…
♥ Herman Hupfeld
- Is not a kiss the very autograph of love? ♥ Henry Finck
- …then I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down… and kissed him. And the world cracked open.
♥ Agnes de Mille
- A kiss is the shortest distance between two.
♥ Henny Youngman
- … a wild dissolving bliss
Over my frame he breathed, approaching near,
And bent his eyes of kindling tenderness
Near mine, and on my lips impressed a lingering kiss,
♥ Percy Bysshe Shelley
- I understand thy kisses, and thou mine,
And that’s a feeling disputation.
♥ William Shakespeare
- Ancient lovers believed a kiss would literally unite their souls, because the spirit was said to be carried in one’s breath.
♥ Eve Glicksman
- I ran up the door, opened the stairs, said my pajamas and put on my prayers – turned off my bed, tumbled into my light, and all because he kissed me good-night!
♥ Author Unknown
- We turned on one another deep, drowned gazes, and exchanged a kiss that reduced my bones to rubber and my brain to gruel.
♥ Peter De Vries
- A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That’s basic spelling that every woman ought to know.
♥ Mistinguett (Jeanne Bourgeois)
- Her kisses left something to be desired… the rest of her.
♥ Author Unknown
- “May I print a kiss on your lips?” I said,
And she nodded her full permission:
So we went to press and I rather guess
We printed a full edition.
♥ Joseph Lilientha
- The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.
♥ Emil Ludwig
Photo: Matthew Bowden