Well, since I did The Men a few weeks past, the women need their turn. Again, none of these lovely ladies are perfect matches for my characters as they are visualized in my mind, but each resonates nicely in some way. So, here are thirteen faces for some of my women:
1. Miranda Otto for Annie Doran. Definitely Annie's smile.
2. Cate Blanchett would be perfect for Queen Dairine of Snowmount
3. Kiera Knightly would be a perfect Princess Maeve, sister to King Marcan
4. Simmone Mackinnon would be lovely as songstress Talulla Murtaugh
5. Gwyneth Paltrow for Luisea, daughter of Lord Ailill Eremon
6. Uma Thurman for warrior Sabia, sister to Finn macc Liamor
7. Emma Thompson would make a lovely Cliona, wife of Lord Finntan
8. Angelina Jolie for Blathnat, Captain of the Guard for Princess Maeve
9. Liv Tyler would be a luminous Princess Zimka, half-sister of Anriaon and Anraban
10. Catherine Zeta Jones as Cat Lecuyer wondering just who (or what) is John Morris.
11. Olivia de Havilland, perfect for Healer Geileis. 'Yes, yes, dear boy, you are king, but you still must take your medicine.'
12. Thandie Newton might do nicely for sprite Fethnat
Anne Hathaway would be lovely as Inalina, when she meets Prince Meloric Andranneca for the second time
If you use photos for character inspiration, do you try to use photos that capture the mood of the character or their precise features? Does the costume matter?