With St. Valentine’s Day fast approaching, some quotes on love:
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.”~Alfred Lord Tennyson
- love is a place
& through this place of
(with brightness of peace)
yes is a world
& in this world of
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~Lao Tzu
- “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” ~Sam Keen
- “Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.” –Erich Fromm
- “I am my beloved, and my beloved is me.” ~Song of Solomon
- “Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.” ~Robert Sexton
- What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork. ~Pearl Bailey
- “Make me immortal with a kiss.” ~Christopher Marlowe
- “I love her and that’s the beginning of everything.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Thou art to me a delicious torment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
~I Corinthians 13:4-8
And a fourteenth, because it made me laugh:
“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house,
you can never tell.” ~ Joan Crawford
Painting: The Abduction of Psyche (1895), by William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825–1905)