As I have preciously confessed here, I collect fortune cookie fortunes. I’m not obsessive or superstitious about collecting them, nor do I collect one every time, but over the years, quite a few have made it into the pottery cup on my bookshelf with the other whatnots.
Here’s a new random handful:
- Act boldly and unseen forces will come to your aid.
- Courage comes through suffering.
- Today it’s up to you to create the peacefulness you long for.
- Love is as necessary to human beings as food and shelter.
- Your future will be happy and productive.
- Vacation can wait. Stick to the project to the end.
- Your good deeds are never forgotten.
- Ignorance never settles a question.
- With renewed energy, accomplish what you can.
- Your ability to juggle tasks will take you far.
- Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
- Passionate new romance appears in you life when you least expect it.
- Education is the movement from darkness to light.
Do you have a favorite fortune cookie moment?
12 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen – Fortune Cookies 2”
I honestly don’t remember the last time I ate a fortune cookie. LOL I love #12 though. 🙂 Happy Thursday!
I opened one last night actually. ‘You will soon be confronted with unlimited opportunities’.
Well lets hope so lol Fun list. Happy T13!
I love fortunes from fortune cookies!
#8 is so true!
I’m only there for the cookies. LOL. Although, they’re fun, I never remember them.
I think #7 and #13 are my favorites.
I like fortune cookies – but lately mine have been becoming very stock. *lesigh*
Cool TT! Love getting the fortune cookies when we go for Chinese!
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
My twins fight over the last fortune cookie. We actually eat them too!
The last time my family and I had fortune cookies, we ended up trading them because the favorite numbers on the back and the messages on the front matched so well with the ones who didn’t get them.
I love fortune cookies and the fortunes. I am glad to know someone else shares my strange passion.
I love these! They’re somehow uplifting and cheerful, and not at all cliche fortune cookie-ish. (If that’s even a concept – grin.) Thanks for sharing!
These are great. Unfortunately, fortune cookies aren’t common place in New Zealand. 🙂
Fun list though I still want to know when fortune cookies went from fortunes to inspirational tid-bits.