It’s the last week and a half of school, I’m doing report cards, awards, grading tests, nudging students through the end of their workbooks. I’m trying to pull together a contest entry, write a synopsis, finish an online class. And just to make it interesting, I have a rotten head cold that just won’t go away. So here are 13 things I’d really rather be doing:
- Have a glass of wine, or two.
- Read something for pleasure without having to steal a few minutes here and there to do it.
- Clean my office (you can tell I’m desperate if this is on the wish list)
- Plan my trip to Florida to see my mom.
- Be in Florida with my mom.
- Work on any of my stories BESIDES Missing Magic or Deeper Than Bone without feeling guilty.
- Get a pedicure.
- Weed the front garden (yep, another desperate item).
- Go out to a Japanese restaurant for dinner instead of cook.
- Order Japanese takeout instead of cook.
- Play with my blog and MySpace and figure out Facebook.
- Go to Barnes and Noble, buy a large coffee and find a good book and a comfy seat.
- Be a couch potato in jammies and watch all three Lord of the Rings movies back to back.
What would you rather be doing?