It’s the last week and a half of school, I’m doing report cards, awards, grading tests, nudging students through the end of their workbooks. I’m trying to pull together a contest entry, write a synopsis, finish an online class. And just to make it interesting, I have a rotten head cold that just won’t go away. So here are 13 things I’d really rather be doing:
- Have a glass of wine, or two.
- Read something for pleasure without having to steal a few minutes here and there to do it.
- Clean my office (you can tell I’m desperate if this is on the wish list)
- Plan my trip to Florida to see my mom.
- Be in Florida with my mom.
- Work on any of my stories BESIDES Missing Magic or Deeper Than Bone without feeling guilty.
- Get a pedicure.
- Weed the front garden (yep, another desperate item).
- Go out to a Japanese restaurant for dinner instead of cook.
- Order Japanese takeout instead of cook.
- Play with my blog and MySpace and figure out Facebook.
- Go to Barnes and Noble, buy a large coffee and find a good book and a comfy seat.
- Be a couch potato in jammies and watch all three Lord of the Rings movies back to back.
What would you rather be doing?
8 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen – I’d Really Rather”
What a fun idea for a T13. I’d rather be…doing the happy dance because I got that email I’ve been waiting almost 6 months for lol
Feel better and Happy T13!
I’m with you on just about all of these. Aw, what the heck – let’s stay in our jammies, order Japanese takeout and read!
Sounds good to me…
I hear ya, hon. We’re going to Florida twice this year, and I can’t wait. Happy Thursday. *Hugs*
If it were me, I’d just crawl into bed and sleep.
I wish I could work on my book for at least 15 minutes before getting interupted.
I wish I could lay in my hammock alone with a good book for an entire afternoon.
1 hubby, 3 kids, one dog for a big pile of sexy books. Actually, I think I’ll keep the dog.
I’m with ya!
Even on cleaning the office. that’s what I’m doing now. sigh.
I wish I could write and write and write and write. No kids, no phone, no hubby. For as long as I can stand it.
Great idea for a topic! I hope you were able to enjoy at least half of these since last week!